2 DAY AUCTION
Palestine Civic Center
1819 W Spring St, Palestine, TX 75803
Coca Cola History in Palestine, Texas 1989-1991. The overwhelming majority of Palestine’s commercial buildings stand in the central business district or adjacent to the courthouse square; however, a relatively small number of commercial buildings are scattered throughout the city’s residential neighborhoods. This 2-part Commercial Block building is one such example. The building survives as one of the few extant examples of a historic commercial building in a predominantly residential area, making the store an important component of Palestine’s architectural heritage. The earliest known occupant of this commercial building (plus the 1-story building next door) was the Star Bottling Works, which operated here as early as 1926. C.O. Laumen was the manager. By 1933 city directories list the Coca Cola Bottling Company, Inc., as owner and occupant of the buildings. C.O. Lauman was still the manager, however, suggesting that the new company might have been just the Star Bottling Works with a new name and a new affiliation with Coca Cola.